[LinuxBIOS] row_offset

Joseph Smith joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Sat Aug 18 18:04:58 CEST 2007

Quoting popkonserve <popkonserve at gmx.de>:

>> I am a little confused about the significance of the row_offset in
>> the i82810 raminit.c.
>>

> please take a look at my previous post: "Intel DRB
> HOWTO .. a 1st draft.". i tried to explain how those registers work..on
> the Intel 430FX. they work the same on every other (intel) chipset, too.

Don't worry Holger, I understand perfectly how the DRB registers work
on the i828** chipsets I am just a little confused on how the whole
row_offset thing plays into it. I am already able to setup ALL FOUR
DRB registers with out it. So, I am questioning if I really need to
use it at all. I noticed the i440bx does not use it.....

Thanks - Joe