[LinuxBIOS] smbus_write_byte

Joseph Smith joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Sat Aug 18 23:46:56 CEST 2007

Quoting Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com>:

> yhlu wrote:
>> just provide one fake spd array...
>>
>> YH
>
> My thoughts exactly. You can't write to the smbus because there's no
> device on the smbus at that location to receive those writes.
>
> -Corey

How would I provide a fake spd array? Here is the situation. My board
has the onboard memory without a SPD, I could just hardcode this into
the northbridge raminit.c. But I don't want to do that so people that
may want to use the northbridge src for other boards won't have to
deal with it. So right now I have auto.c call a function that runs in
between sdram_set_spd_registers and sdram_enable, like this:

	sdram_set_spd_registers(memctrl);
	onboard_sdram_set_registers(memctrl);
	sdram_enable(0, memctrl);

This function, onboard_sdram_set_registers manually sets up the regsters.

Anyways I would also like to get the smbus_write_byte write going to
setup my tv-out registers on my tv-out chip?

Thanks - Joe