[LinuxBIOS] [RFC] Call for Action: LinuxBIOS foundations

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Aug 27 18:12:19 CEST 2007

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Hi,
> since we're aiming for broader coverage in LinuxBIOS and related tools,
> I think we should publish a "Call for Action" which urges interested
> people to give us dumps of their board configuration etc.
We had such calls before, and people would send in their board
information, assuming that this would be enough for us to support their
hardware. Unfortunately not a single new port resulted from this, though
many people participated and lots of (unaccomplished) expectations were
created. So I carefully wonder what the real goal of such a call would
be, except gathering random people with random boards? Something like:
We have 10 people who are willing to work on this or that mainboard if
you get them a system they can keep for doing the work, given that the
northbridge and southbridge are already supported... Other ideas?

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613