[LinuxBIOS] Latest on via epia-m for LinuxBIOS v2?

Matthew Bloch matthew at bytemark.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 23:08:16 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I am trying to build a LinuxBIOS setup to turn an Epia-M board into a
NAS server and am stuck on the configuration.

FILO is built and tested (with grub).

I've now checked out LinuxBIOSv2, and am trying to use this configuration:

mnas:~/LinuxBIOSv2/targets/via/epia-m/epia-m# cat ../Config.lb
target epia-m

mainboard via/epia-m

option  MAXIMUM_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=8
option  DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=8
option  CONFIG_CONSOLE_SERIAL8250=1

option ROM_SIZE=256*1024
option HAVE_OPTION_TABLE=1
option CONFIG_ROM_PAYLOAD=1
option HAVE_FALLBACK_BOOT=0

option _RAMBASE=0x00004000

romimage "normal"
        option USE_FALLBACK_IMAGE=0
        option ROM_IMAGE_SIZE=0x30000
        option LINUXBIOS_EXTRA_VERSION=".0-Normal"
        option PAYLOAD_SIZE=0xc000
        payload /root/filo-0.5/filo.elf
end

buildrom ./linuxbios.rom ROM_SIZE "normal"

However trying to build it gives me:

./romcc -mcpu=c3 ... (snip lots of -Is and -Ds)
/root/LinuxBIOSv2/src/mainboard/via/epia-m/auto.c -o auto.inc
earlymtrr.c:23.0:
 "XIP_ROM_BASE is not a multiple of XIP_ROM_SIZE"
make[1]: *** [auto.inc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/LinuxBIOSv2/targets/via/epia-m/epia-m/normal'

I'm assuming something elementary is missing from the config but I'm not
sure where to look next.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I will happily update the
HOWTO in exchange :)

cheers,

--
Matthew