[LinuxBIOS] patch: extending LAR, and removing elf from linuxbios (it is not needed)

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Aug 28 18:44:09 CEST 2007

* Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> [070828 18:08]:
> lib/lar.c and util/lar/example.c differ in subtle ways in find_file.
> Inverted logic in one file, bogus calculations in the other one. We
> might want to make sure they behave the same way.

I remember "fixing" something because the comparison would go wrong if a
file is not found in the archive and the last element in the archive
(bootblock) was encountered. The 32bit pointer would overrun from
0x100000000 to 0x00000000 so the exit condition would never bite.

I might have introduced something more stupid. Solving all the small
side cases suddenly became somewhat untrivial ;)

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613