[LinuxBIOS] patch: extending LAR, and removing elf from linuxbios (it is not needed)

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 20:41:14 CEST 2007

Round 2.

I had not realized that lar had changed. So all my patches were
against the wrong files.

This code is against the right files in lar. I have also done a fair
amount of refactoring as I needed it.

don't get upset about the close of the fd right after mmap; it's legal
and even recommended.

Comments welcome as usual.

ron
p.s. I can not get the LARCHIVE problem to NOT happen now. So, until
we fix it right, let's take my wrong fix. Three of us have tried and
failed to fix this, so, let's assume it's not trivial.