[LinuxBIOS] [RFC] Call for Action: LinuxBIOS foundations

Robert Vogel vogel at ct.metrocast.net
Wed Aug 29 18:50:47 CEST 2007

Very Strange.

I didn't write the note attributed to me (below). It's not clear where it
came from.

I'll comment on it though: It LinusBIOS is licensed under GPLv3, it is my
understanding that there are good protections against Tivoization.
Also if the code is fully disclosed I think that there is considerably less
possibility of treachery. That's why I think it could be better at home.

The question that I asked...which I'm stilling searching for an answer:

If there are one million computers running LinuxBios, are they dedicated to
server farms ?

...or can they be used as desktop machines ? Looking at
http://linuxbios.org/Products most vendors are
 configuring clusters and it is not clear if anyone offers a desktop
machine. The FSF says that it is working on one.

Are there any vendors that will attempt a desktop machine with LinuxBios ?

Bob