[LinuxBIOS] [RFC] Call for Action: LinuxBIOS foundations

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Aug 30 00:34:28 CEST 2007

* Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com> [070829 20:26]:
>>> Agreed, I've been frustrated with this as well, even today. v3 should
>>> have better documentation, but we still need to bring up to par the
>>> documentation on some of the tools.
>>>
>>  Again,... Since you still remember _what_ you have been missing and how
>> it works now, please try to provide the missing pieces before you get
>> code blind.
>
> I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you mean?

The documentation. In the last 2 days I read about half a dozen mails
about how bad the linuxbios documentation is. Looking at the code for
some years now, many "old" contributors became "code blind", ie. used to
the weird things.

For me it's easy to answer to an explicit question, but if you'd ask
"explain linuxbios" I might just answer questions that you would have
never asked and the other way around.

So not being "code blind" is very valuable for the project. Still seeing
the problems that someone coming freshly to the code has is a great
chance to really improve things for upcoming generations of linuxbios
hackers.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613