[LinuxBIOS] USB booting in LinuxBIOS

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 14:13:37 CET 2007

Uwe Hermann wrote:

> Sure, but how is the "boot from USB" functionality implemented? Forth
> code? C code? Can we port it to LinuxBIOS/FILO/GRUB somehow?

Its all forth.  There are some forth/C hackers on the list.  They  could
certainly look at the code and how its done.  The setup is starting to
mature.  USB mostly just "works" now.

Devices that don't work are better off just discarded rather than
messing with.  There are only a few troublesome keys left floating
around at 1cc and I quarantine them when they get brought to me.

USB is a ton of work and seemingly a bottomless pit with respect to "my
xxx device won't boot" reports.

--
Richard A. Smith
smithbone at gmail.com