[LinuxBIOS] Infamous __stack_chk_fail problem.

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Dec 3 18:08:32 CET 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 08:34:00AM -0800, Steve Isaacs wrote:
> I believe that like it or not if you want LinuxBIOS to be widely
> accepted it must be able to demonstrate repeatability.

Excellent point! I agree with you completely.

We should definately look at automating the build process and even
build environment, because it is a sensitive component in the build
process, and we should make LB smart enough to build with a build
environment other than the one that starts with /usr/bin/gcc.

However - I want it to remain optional rather than a requirement,
so that the entry level stays as low as possible for as many as
possible.

But one does not, and should not, exclude the other! :)

//Peter