[LinuxBIOS] Qemu compile for LinuxBIOSV2

Marc Karasek Marc.Karasek at Sun.COM
Mon Dec 3 19:04:53 CET 2007

Thanks for the patch.

Tried it and it still crashes, but at least now it gives more info.  I
will look into this from this end and see what is happening.

BTW: Is this patch associated with the thread about qemu and the compilers?

Thanks again....

cp linuxbios_ram.nrv2b linuxbios_ram.rom
echo '/*ldoptions*/' > ldscript.ld; cat ldoptions >> ldscript.ld ; for
file in
/home/mk216460/src/LinuxBIOSv2-2988/src//arch/i386/lib/id.lds ; do echo
/\* $file \*/ >> ldscript.ld; cat $file >> ldscript.ld ; done
gcc -m32 -nostdlib -nostartfiles -static -o linuxbios -T ldscript.ld crt0.o
/usr/bin/ld: linuxbios: section `.id' can't be allocated in segment 2
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Marc Karasek
Sun Microsystems
mailto:marc.karasek at sun.com