[LinuxBIOS] State of the buildrom

Myles Watson myles at pel.cs.byu.edu
Mon Dec 3 19:12:05 CET 2007

> > There just isn't any good way to change v2 config files without
> > lots of pain
>
> > Not that we really have a great story for v3 either,
> ..
> > really a generic way to override config without editing text files
> > would be the most ideal.
>
> How about one environment variable that points to another file with
> options?

The unfortunate thing is that either this adds lots more Config.lb files
(one for each payload combination or ROM size), or forces you to patch the
buildrom-specific file you just introduced.

I think it's more important to figure out how we really want to configure
LinuxBIOS (it seems to be a large hurdle for newbies), not buildrom.

Once it's easy to configure LinuxBIOS it will be easy to do it with
buildrom.

Myles