[LinuxBIOS] Infamous __stack_chk_fail problem.

Steve Isaacs yasteve at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 20:29:36 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 11:52 -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:

> I'm already on board with my opinion on a cross compiler, no need to rehash
> that here.
> But the thing about _this_ bug is that this can be fixed, and if you use
> buildrom it _should_ be fixed.  This is our fault, and we need to remedy it
> immediately.  What platform are you trying to build for?

I'm working on an adaptation for a board of our design using a chipset
not currently supported by LinuxBIOS. I say "currently" because one
reason I'm participating in this forum is so the work I do can be
submitted back to the project meaning the chips I add can one day become
part of the LinuxBIOS source set.