[LinuxBIOS] Infamous __stack_chk_fail problem.

Steve Isaacs yasteve at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:11:50 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 22:45 +0100, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 10:36:51PM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > You can add the following lines to your
> > target/<vendor>/<board>/Config.lb:
> >
> > option CC="i386-elf-gcc"
> > # this one is CFLAGS.
> > option CPU_OPT="-O2 -Wl,..."
> > option HOSTCC="gcc"
>
> Yep, this should be in the wiki (FAQ?) if it's not already there.
>

> Uwe.

I just now looked and didn't see anything. Of course, being relatively
new here, this looks like a forest full of trees to me. I need time for
my eyes to adjust.

So, I summarize. If I need a consistent and repeatable build I use the
toolchain of my choice and use the above to point the LinuxBIOS build to
that toolchain. Also, as I suspected -- crosstool is a good choice.

btw: this is the info I needed -- just didn't know it. Thanks,

Steve