[LinuxBIOS] ADLO & biosdecode

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 05:09:10 CET 2007

Jun Koi wrote:
> Hello,
> I am running LinuxBios + ADLO with QEMU. Strangely, biosdecode now
> outputs nothing.
> If I use the original QEMU BIOS, at least biosdecode reports BIOS32
> Service Dir + PCI IRQ table + ACPI.
> So why LinuxBIOS removes those information?

They simply aren't necessary for QEMU ;) LinuxBIOS doesn't provide BIOS
callbacks, hence no BIOS32. There's a PIRQ table in the QEMU directory,
but since there are no "real" interrupts, it's not needed, and isn't
built by default. And there's no need for power management in a virtual
machine, so that's not provided either. PIRQ tables and ACPI are
supported by LinuxBIOS, but which of these are included/used depends on
the person who writes the port.