[LinuxBIOS] ADLO & biosdecode

Jun Koi junkoi2004 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:36:56 CET 2007

On 12/5/07, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
> Peter Stuge wrote:
> > Hello Jun,
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 12:54:42PM +0900, Jun Koi wrote:
> >
> >> If I use the original QEMU BIOS, at least biosdecode reports BIOS32
> >> Service Dir + PCI IRQ table + ACPI.
> >>
> >> So why LinuxBIOS removes those information?
> >>

> > This is on purpose.
> >
> > One motivation for LB is that most if not all interfaces that are
> > associated with the term BIOS should be deprecated.
> >
> > LB does not strive to be BIOS compatible by design.
> >
> But this is not true for Jun's setting with LinuxBIOS + ADLO.
>
> I don't think we remove anything on purpose there.
>
> Jun, maybe you are using the 64k Qemu BIOS instead of the 128K version?
> In that case you won't see BIOS32 services.

Hmmm... indeed! My bios.bin size is 64KB. I am using the bios coming
with ADLO (bochs/bios/ in ADLO directory)

So I understand that the 64KB bios only provides 16bit BIOS, and the
128KB (which is catted by 16bit (64K) + 32bit (another 64K)) provides
both 16bit & 32bit BIOS?

If that is correct, how to get the 128K BIOS now?

Thanks,
Jun