[LinuxBIOS] Question about QEMU & FILO

Marc Karasek Marc.Karasek at Sun.COM
Thu Dec 6 19:57:56 CET 2007

I am trying to get a system up using QEMU.  I have compiled LinuxBIOS
with Filo as a payload.

I followed the steps on the wiki about making a harddrive image,  I had
to make it a bit bigger than 200M though.
When I "boot" the system,  it finds the kernel and the initrd image, but
then when it gets a bit further it seems to have a problem with finding
the harddrive image to boot from .  Although it has already fetched the
kernel and initrd from the image.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Waiting for driver initialization.
Trying to resume from LABEL=SWAP-sda2
Unable to access resume device (LABEL=SWAP-sda2)
Creating root device.
Mounting root filesystem.
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
Setting up other filesystems.
Setting up new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Switching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
Booting has failed.

--
Marc Karasek
mailto:marc.karasek at sun.com