[LinuxBIOS] superiotool: conflicting SID for PC97317?

bari bari at onelabs.com
Fri Dec 7 00:18:00 CET 2007

Ulf Jordan wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm writing a patch to add detection and dump support for the NSC PC97317.
> According to the datasheet from National it has SID = 0xdf. However, in
> superiotool/nsc.c there is the conflicting entry
>
>          {0xdf, "PC97371", {     /* From sensors-detect */
>                  {EOT}}},
>
> I have not been able to find any datasheet on PC97371. Furthermore it's
> not mentioned by National in the list of chips that were sold to Winbond,
> and a simple google search for PC97371 returns hits on lm-sensors (and to
> a lesser extent superiotool). OTOH, googling for PC97317 returns
> datasheets as the most prominent hits. Both PC87317 and PC97317 are
> mentioned among the chips transfered from National to Winbond.
>
> I'm beginning to suspect that the '371s could be the result of a typo in
> sensors-detect (introduced in their r2848), that was later carried over to
> superiotool/nsc.c (r2837).
>
> Any comments?
>

> /ulf

 From the PC97317 data sheet:
 SID Register Index 20h
The PC97317VUL is identified by the value DFh in this register.

Your part must be a PC97317VUL.

The PC87317VUL is identified by the value D0h in this register.

 From the PC97307 data sheet:
  SID Register Index 20h
The PC97307VUL is identified by the value CFh in this register.
The PC87307VUL is identified by the value C0h in this register.

PC87360 data sheet:
    SID Register Index 20h
The PC87360 is identified by the value E1h.

PC87363 data sheet:
    SID Register Index 20h
The PC87363 is identified by the value E8h.

PC87364 data sheet:
    SID Register Index 20h
The PC87364 is identified by the value E4h.

PC87365 data sheet:
    SID Register Index 20h
The PC87365 is identified by the value E5h.

PC87366 data sheet:
    SID Register Index 20h
The PC87366 is identified by the value E9h.

PC87372 data sheet:
    SID Register Index 20h
The PC87372 family is identified by the value F0h.

PC87373 data sheet:
    SID Register Index 20h
The PC87373 family is identified by the value F3h.

PC8739x data sheet:
    SID Register Index 20h
Members of the PC8739x family are identified by the value EAh.

The PC97371 must be typos.

There was never a PC97371 made by National.

-Bari