[LinuxBIOS] Expand linuxbiosv3 support

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Dec 7 00:46:49 CET 2007

On 06/12/07 16:32 -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
> It complains that the logs directory doesn't exist when it tries to fetch
> and create the linuxbiosv3/logs/fetch.log file.

oops - my bad - I can fix that.

> I prefer to have LinuxBIOSv2 and LinuxBIOSv3 represented in the same way.  I
> think it's confusing to have one be LBV3 and one LINUXBIOS.  It seems like
> LINUXBIOS should be used in the generic case, and things that are specific
> to v2 or v3 should be labeled that way.

The problem is that v2 and v3 are way too different - so regardless of
the nomenclature, you're going to need to have ifeq statements everywhere,
and I personally think that is messier then having different variables
names.  If you want, we _can_ reuse the variables since we're only including
either the v2 or the v3 .mk file, but to me that makes things more confusing
to the person porting the platform.

> Which platform uses the extra ROM functionality you added?  I didn't try
> that out.

Geode.  Thats okay - its still in the "might not work stages".

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer