[LinuxBIOS] Recommendation for multimedia box

Tilman Klar tilman.klar at christmann.info
Tue Dec 11 19:51:48 CET 2007

Hello mailinglist,

I'm currently in the process of finding some suitable hardware for a multimedia box. The box needs to be capable to output sound/video, but this should be no problem: Even if the mainboard does not have support for a/v, I'm sure that there are a lot of USB solutions out there which might do the trick. I want to have really fast boot up times (a few seconds), so I was looking into the linuxbios project. From reading the list of supported mainboards/devices, I see that finding the ~right~ hardware is not a trivial task.

Do you have any recommendations what kind of hardware I could use? And where would I get replacement BIOS chips for the hardware, just in case something goes wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Tilman Klar

christmann informationstechnik + medien GmbH + Co. KG Ilseder Hütte 10c
31241 Ilsede

Tel.: 05172 / 9876 - 0
Fax: 05172 / 9876 - 50

E-Mail: tilman.klar at christmann.info
Web: www.christmann.info

Sitz: Ilsede, Registergericht: Hildesheim, HRA 100949
USt-IDNr.: DE241879704
Pers. haftende Gesellschafterin: christmann Beteiligungs-GmbH, Sitz Ilsede, Registergericht: Hildesheim, HRB 101676,
Geschäftsführer: Wolfgang Christmann