[LinuxBIOS] PCI: Left over static devices. Check your Config.lb

Steve Isaacs yasteve at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 20:41:09 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 11:15 -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2007 11:05 AM, Steve Isaacs <yasteve at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm thinking that an experiment which might prove interesting is to
> > temporarily change pci_scan_bus to not die when this device is "Left
> > over..." and see where that gets me.
>
> sure, it can't hurt ...

This got me a lot further with another issue that points back to RAM (as
Marc suspects).

CI: 01: 133MHz PCI-X
PCI: pci_scan_bus for bus 02
PCI: 02:0c.0 [1166/0412] enabled
PCI: 02:0c.1 [1166/0412] enabled
PCI: 02:0c.2 [1166/0414] enabled
PCI: 02:0d.0 [1166/0412] enabled
PCI: 02:0d.1 [1166/0412] enabled
PCI: 02:0d.2 [1166/0414] enabled
Error! malloc: free_mem_ptr >= free_mem_end_ptr

The 0412 and 0414 devices are the USB devices I'd expect to see. This is
good!

So, this gives me something else to look at (starting with _eheap) and
an open question as to why the southbridge is hiding the 00:01.1 device
(my problem I believe).

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and help.

Steve