[LinuxBIOS] Add support for the AMD SimNow (TM) simulator (try 2)

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Dec 13 19:31:25 CET 2007

On 04/12/07 14:39 -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
> On 11/28/07, Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> wrote:
> > On 28/11/07 12:31 -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> > > Is there a howto on the web page to show how to use this sim
> > > environment? This is really cool.
> >
> I put up a basic page today that should help someone get started.
> It's at http://www.linuxbios.org/AMD_SimNow and it's linked to from
> the homepage, down by QEMU.

I noticed your part about the serial port.

Interacting with the serial port is difficult since you have to write to
one file and read from another.  I wrote a tool to help with that; it
muxes the serial pipes into a telnet server.  All you have to do is run
the tool along side SimNow, and then telnet into port 9000 on your box, and
you're in.  You can also output the muxed pipes to a pseudo-tty and access
it with Minicom, but I really find the telnet interface much easier.

I put the tarball here: http://linuxbios.org/~jcrouse/snserial-1.0.tar.gz

I'll write up some instructions on the SimNow page on how to use it.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer