[LinuxBIOS] Tyan S2891 LinuxBios VGA ROM Question.

Nate linux.bios at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 19:43:32 CET 2007

I had a question about the linuxbios build tutorial for the Tyan S2891. (http://linuxbios.org/Tyan_S2891_Build_Tutorial)

 The tutorial mentioned to concatenate the VGA video ROM from Tyan's original bios with the tyan-s2891.rom from buildrom. The question I have is after reading http://linuxbios.org/VGA_support it seems as though I do not need to concatenate a video bios because i have an nvidea addon VGA card. I do not want to use the on board VGA chip.

 Now after I try to flashrom the "tyan-s2891.rom" file, I get a size mismatch because the rom built is only 988K and I have a 1024K rom. Is it necessary that I concatenate a 36K VGA rom? If not, how to I get buildrom to build a 1024K rom rather than a 988K rom?

 Thanks in advance,

 Nate