[LinuxBIOS] VGA Support on AMD DB800

Omar Esteves Duarte Filho duarte at vonbraunlabs.com.br
Thu Dec 20 21:25:55 CET 2007

Hello!

I'm trying to use LinuxBIOS with AMD Geode DB800 platform. However, until
now, I could not manage to get VGA output working.

Here is a summary of what i've tried:

- built a LinuxBIOS rom image without VGA support.
- downloaded a brand new kernel from www.kernel.org (kernel version:
2.6.23.9).
- configured this kernel, enabling these options:
 [*]   AMD Geode family framebuffer support (EXPERIMENTAL)
 <*>     AMD Geode LX framebuffer support (EXPERIMENTAL)

- editted GRUB's menu.lst file to include the following entry:

	title		Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.23.9-geodelx-fb
	root		(hd0,1)
	kernel		/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.23.9-geodelx-fb
root=UUID=b40ebb15-49bd-4042-ab40-5437c0caa1ba ro quiet splash pnpbios=off
	initrd		/boot/initrd.img-2.6.23.9-geodelx-fb
	quiet
	savedefault

- compiled fbcon as a module.

However, if I try to modprobe fbcon, i get nothing. Running startx also
gives me no result... Does anyone have any idea or clue about this?

Thanks!

Regards,

Omar.