[LinuxBIOS] DK8-HTX: 8131 A-bus running slow

mcqmcqmcq at fastmail.fm mcqmcqmcq at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 2 21:53:52 CET 2007

Guys,

Once my DK8-HTX is up and running in Linux, I observe that the 8131 is
programmed thusly (full regdump and my cute little utility attached):

  /proc/bus/pci/00/0b.0: AMD 8131 PCI-X Tunnel PCI-X Bridge
  0x40 PCI-X Miscellaneous Register
     1-1  Conentional PCI mode frequency      RW    0    0 33 MHz
  0xa0 PCI-X Secondary Status Register
    24-22 Secondary clock frequency           R     0    3 133 MHz PCI-X

  /proc/bus/pci/00/0a.0: AMD 8131 PCI-X Tunnel PCI-X Bridge
  0x40 PCI-X Miscellaneous Register
     1-1  Conentional PCI mode frequency      RW    0    1 66 Mhz
  0xa0 PCI-X Secondary Status Register
    24-22 Secondary clock frequency           R     0    0 conventional PCI

In particular, the A-bus 0a.0 is massively horribly slow (50MB/s to my RAID
card as opposed to 350MB/s in the 0b.0 slot).  I only see one speed line during
LB bootup and would expect two (one for each bus):

  Capability: 0x07 @ 0xa0
  PCI: 03: 133MHz PCI-X

So my theory is that the A-bus is just never getting configued at all (nobody
who uses LB does I/O, right?  ;-).  Can anybody confirm or deny this theory, and
possibly point me toward what I might do to fix it?

As an aside, I'm still working from the r2520 I was ages ago.  YH, you were once
going to look into repeating the hangs I was seeing with a Pathscale HTX IB card
installed (during HT reset in iwill/dk8_htx/cache_as_ram_auto.c) -- did that ever
go anywhere?  Once I get this sucker fully tested, I'll summarize what I've done
to get it there and compare to svn head for you guys' continued entertainment.

Thanks, y'all,

-mcq

  mcqmcqmcq at fastmail.fm