[LinuxBIOS] questions about VSA on Gx2 plus cs5535??

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 23:54:42 CET 2007

On 2/5/07, lihao <lihao at mprc.pku.edu.cn> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>          I have made the codes run into the vsmbios. And it hangs on
> pci_sanity_check(). Anyone has the same problems?
>
> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1)      I have downloaded VSA code, and VSA implements a softVG, do I need
> to make a VGABIOS myself from linux?

yes.

On the systems we have done, we have first VSA, then VGA BIOS, then
linuxbios payload, then linuxbios.

I strongly recommend you build BIOS images with  the buildrom tool
from OLPC.  What size flash do you have? If it is < 1 MB, you want to
load either Open Firmware or FILO. FILO will likely be less work for
you.

thanks

ron