[LinuxBIOS] is this motherboard supported? VIA EPIA-SP13000

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Mon Feb 12 01:42:05 CET 2007

Hi Pablo,

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 02:08:52AM -0800, Pablo Sosa wrote:
> Hope this is the right forum to ask. I was checking the list of
> supported motherboards in order to try linuxbios, I could find I
> can buy one of this motherboards which are similar but not the same
> to VIA that are mentioned on the page, i.e.
>
> VIA EPIA-SP13000 Motherboard, Socket 370
> Specs according to the vendor are:
>
> Specifications:
>
>  - Processor: VIA C3 / VIA Eden  EBGA processor
>  - Chipset: VIA CN400 North Bridge; VIA VT8237 South Bridge

[..]

> So I'm a bit confused and wouldn't like to buy something that's
> unable to support linuxbios, I'll appreciate if someone can help
> me, or give me some advice

Your research is correct. The EPIA-SP boards use a lot of hardware
different from the EPIA-MII and most of it is yet unsupported in
LinuxBIOS.

Given data sheets, time and patience it is certainly possible to
teach LinuxBIOS about the hardware on the SP boards, but they are
already old since the C7 boards have been available for some time.

//Peter