[LinuxBIOS] Port V1 -> V2

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Wed Feb 21 20:47:38 CET 2007

ccases at navista.fr wrote:

> Hello,
> I wish to carry out the same thing but for the motherboard
> advantech/pcm-5823,
> he exist in v1 but not in v2, all the chip is already listed in V2 except the
> winbond W83977AF.
> Can someone point me in the right direction ?

If you already have the hardware to test with (bios savior or extra
chips) try creating a target and using winbond w83977tf (ie just tell
linuxbios that's what it is). From a quick look at the source, it
doesn't seem there is anything that should block it from working. Even
if it doesn't work, but everything else works, VGA and USB should still
work, unless a failed superio causes it to hang, but again looking at
the source it doesn't seem it should. You just won't have any serial or
PS/2 ports until you do get it working.

-Corey