[LinuxBIOS] article

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Sat Feb 24 05:36:52 CET 2007

Someone forwarded me this link:

which is referring to this post to the Linux Kernel mailing list, dated

The article fails to mention that the BIOS chip is soldered onto the Gigabyte
board - we're going to have to warn people about that.

Can someone clarify which parts of YH's big patch are still missing to make
the MCP55 code build?

We have 2 Gigabyte boards, and I've ordered some PLCC sockets that should
arrive early next week. Really looking forward to seeing this thing boot

Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>