[LinuxBIOS] Port V1 -> V2

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Feb 26 14:25:39 CET 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 07:55:12AM -0500, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Corey. As far as the tv-out, I don't think
> that is going to be possible to extract it. the rm4100 does not have a
> standard bios. It is a custom designed one for wince and it sucks. If
> you want to check out the project my website is:
>
> http://www.smittys.pointclark.net/rm4100/index.php

This would indeed be an interesting project to get working.

Can you send an lspci output to the list, please?

Looking at the pictures, this is a standard PLCC BIOS chip, and it's
socketed, so you can rip it out and replace it with another one
(running LinuxBIOS if you get everything working).

The Super I/O is an SMSC LPCxxxxx (can't read the extact part number
on the picture). Can you please post the part number? This shouldn't be
too hard to get working.

> Anyone interested in helping would be greatly appreciated.

We can help you on the list interactively if you're willing to test
patches etc...

Do you have some spare PLCC chips you can use for LinuxBIOS development?

You already have a running Linux on the box, is this correct?

HTH, Uwe.