[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on Asus K8N-DL

Pieter Vande Wyngaerde pietervandewyngaerde at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 00:01:23 CET 2007

First of all
I am new to the concept of mailing lists

I first heard about LinuxBios at Fosdem 2007
I missed the talk, but i watched the video afterwards

I have a Asus K8N-DL mainboard.and i was wondering if I could run LinuxBios
on it, its not listed on the wiki, but most parts are

it has a Winbond W83627THF-A  Super I/O chip which according to the wiki is
supported
it has a PMC 49FL004T (-33JC) Bios Flash chip which is also supported
it has a Nvidia Crush K8-04 Professional Bridge which i also think is
supported

I have 2 AMD 64 Opteron 248 2,2 Ghz  Processors
i have a PCI-Express Gainward GeForce6600 GT  128 MB DDR 3  Video Card
I have 2x 1 GiB of registered ECC ram installed (for my first cpu, so no
NUMA)

I use it as a High-End Desktop and i want to get the most out of it.
I would like to put LinuxBiosh on it, has anyone tried this ?
is it safe for me to experiment if this board has Crashfree BIOS 2 ?