[LinuxBIOS] Ready to LinuxBIOS on a GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4?

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Tue Feb 27 05:25:13 CET 2007

Dave Crossland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently bought a new workstation using a GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4
> motherboard. http://linuxbios.org/Desktops says this is supported but
> its status is still 'work in progress.'
>
> Are there any other LinuxBIOS users about to upgrade their BIOS on
> this board? I've never flashed a BIOS before, and don't want to brick
> my nice new machine! :-)

Not yet! Right now, I don't think it'll even build, from what I've heard
there are still pieces of the patch missing (can anyone confirm this?).
I tried to build it, but the config file failed, and I've got too many
other things going to mess with it right now. But, even at that, I don't
think it's been tested yet, so get an extra flash chip or two before you
try (mouser.com and avnet.com both sell them cheap, and mouser usually
has my order here within a couple days). I hope the board has a
removable bios chip!

-Corey