[LinuxBIOS] ASUS P4R8L

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue Feb 27 15:09:26 CET 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:56:48PM +0100, Erwan Velu wrote:
> I attended a linuxbios presentation at FOSDEM 2007. Thanks for the
> presentation, it give me the opportunity to join your project.

Great, welcome! :)

> Here come my lspci ;)
>
> 00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon 9100 IGP Host Bridge
> (rev 02)
> 00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon 9100 IGP AGP Bridge
> 00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 4342
> 00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 434c
[...]
> Regarding the website, this ATI northbridge is not supported. I have a
> basic knowledge about the way it works, how can I help making this
> system working ?

You need to write code for RAM initialization (northbridge) at the very
minimum. This is usually the hardest and most complex part.

Do you have the respective ATI datasheets for the chipset? Are they
publically available?

Which Super I/O is on your board? You'll need support for that in order
to get serial (debugging) output.

HTH, Uwe.