[LinuxBIOS] Ready to LinuxBIOS on a GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4?

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Feb 27 20:23:21 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 07:05:55PM +0000, Dave Crossland wrote:
> It arrives tomorrow so I can't check for sure, but an image of the board is at
> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/Image/motherboard_productimage_m57sli-s4_big.jpg
> and the manual at
> http://europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/Manual/motherboard_manual_ga-m57sli-s4_e.pdf
> says the BIOS is between the two graphics card slots, and _looks_ like
> its not soldered on.

We got 2 boards from newegg last week, and the bios *is* soldered on :(

However, there's this photo:

There must be more than one revision of this board floating around.

It really sucks that they saved $0.30 or so on a socket - seems a bit
extravagant since this board is not low-end (for a desktop board).

Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>