[LinuxBIOS] Intel 440bx

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Wed Feb 28 06:53:01 CET 2007

roger wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 14:00 +0100, Uwe Hermann wrote:
>
> I've had the serial cable setup a couple years ago & working but was
> having problems flashing any builds to my bios chips as it seemed, at
> the time, Intel had masked the BIOS to prevent flashing unless it was
> first unmasked.  (Unknown if the current flash script in V2 works and/or
> MTD finds the masked BIOS chip on my Tyan 1832DL or 440BX boards.)

I think I'm seeing the same thing, flashrom doesn't seem to be able to
see the BIOS chip (although it does find the northbridge correctly). So
I'm using a windows 98se boot floppy without the ramdisk, with dos-mode
USB drivers, award's aflash, and a usb flash drive that I'm using to
transfer built bios' with. I'd almost say it works better than flashrom,
since I don't need to boot a full linux system to flash, but that's just
my opinion (and this situation).

-Corey