[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS not working...

Amp Man corey_osgood at verizon.net
Sat Jan 13 11:41:41 CET 2007

I've gotten the vt82c686 working, but at the moment HP still has my
laptop, and I don't have a laptop->ide hard drive adapter. Anyways,
you'd need to modify all of the pci ids in the 8231 code to match the
686. I also had to remove the usb and nic support to get the code to
compile, and there may have been a couple other little changes, I can't
remember atm. As far as the northbridge goes, if you're lucky, it's just
the same procedure, modify the device ids from the 8601 code.