[LinuxBIOS] Read / Write to CMOS

Ben Racher mack.stout at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 00:32:55 CET 2007

ron minnich wrote:
> On 1/22/07, mack stout <mack.stout at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does linuxbios support altering bios settings from userspace?
>
> it's easy to do this.
>
> You need the simple tools that read and write cmos.
>
> Attached.
>
> ron
perfect! just what I had been looking for, and it even works fine with
phoenix award bios! I just set the settings that I want to change, dump
it, and then write it to clients (with exact same hardware) and the
settings are applied. amazing!

now i just need to learn what actually happens in these 35 lines of code
:-) what library does
outb(regno, 0x70); come from? and 0x70 represents the memory where cmos
starts at?

ben