[LinuxBIOS] help from ubuntu and FC6 experts

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 19:23:14 CET 2007

bear in mind that many people, given a linuxbios that would not build
on system x.y.z, assumed the problem was linuxbios -- even when it was
not. In fact, it has rarely been linuxbios, but has in fact been a
particular distro or toolchain. How do you answer the following: "I
can build a kernel on this distro just fine, why can't I build

I think it would be nice if somebody could show us the
-fturn-off-this-switch approach and how to put it into the linuxbios
build process, and detect that on whatever gcc we're using the
turn-off-this-switch does not exist, but can be automagically worked

But I would also be extremely grateful to anyone who can show us how
to set up linuxbios with the 'use this toolchain' as an option. I
think, given the number of distros and the strange ways they are
breaking our build process, we have to have this option available to