[LinuxBIOS] CoreDuo Support

Martin, Greg A (Greg) gregmartin at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Jan 30 18:27:58 CET 2007

Hi, I am new to the list. I am attempting to port LinuxBios to a CoreDuo Processor  coupled with an Intel 3100 system controller. I seem to be having some problem with the memory and cache coherency, but as I am relatively new to x86 (ppc is my background) I am unsure if I am getting the cpu initialized properly. I started with one on the e7520 based systems and seem to have the memory functioning, but memory tests fail with what looks like cache line pushouts of erroneous data. Does this make sense to anybody?

Greg