[LinuxBIOS] [RFC] v3: dts fixes and questions

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 05:48:22 CEST 2007

Sorry about the lats empty message. Gmail did something, I know not what.

On 6/30/07, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 04:27:27PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:

> > What I can do is look for a disable property in each node. If it is
> > NOT found, emit
> > .enabled = 1;
> > If it is found,
> > .enabled = 0;
> >
> > sound ok?
>
> Why not, instead of 'enabled;', use
>   enabled="0"
> or
>   enabled="1"
> then? That has the benefit that you don't have to know what the default
> is (enabled or disabled), you know everything you need just by looking
> at the dts itself.

yeah, that works. I will take the magic enabled out of the .y, and
will require that people set that property for each node; I will catch
a missing set at flatten tree time. I think that is reasonable.

This will get done next week, I'm out of time for a bit. Or someone
else can write it, which is fine too.

ron