[LinuxBIOS] Winflashrom -- Current Status

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Jul 2 21:37:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 04:17:51PM +0700, Darmawan Salihun wrote:
> The diff for the latest winflashrom code is attached.

The diff is reversed, so a bit hard to read. Please do svn diff
-r1:HEAD next time.

Also, instead of commenting out non-Windows code and adding new
Windows-only code, please suggest good ways to abstract the code.

> There are still a few issues with this code.
>
> 1. I've tested it on ICH-5 board. However, the BIOS binary that it
> reads from it is 514KB. It should be only 512KB.
> I'm still trying to find out the bug. Any info from ICH-x code
> maintainer?

This is probably because Win32 does LF->CR+LF translation when the
fopen() mode is "r" or "w" - Win32 introduces "rb" and "wb" for
binary files.

> 2. The PCI library is still a "brute force" approach. But, it works
> so far. I'll remove it soon enough.

Please make this a high priority. Until this is fixed, the driver is
a bluescreen waiting to happen and we can't really responsibly ask
people to test it that way. :\

> More updates to come.

This is good stuff!

On another note, is it possible to load the driver directly from a
resource without writing it out to a file first?

//Peter