[LinuxBIOS] Flashrom move into global util/ directory

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue Jul 3 01:32:36 CEST 2007

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 08:00:57PM +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> I fully agree with the earlier stuff, but is there any reason to keep
> this in the v3 tree? People will not be that unhappy if they're required
> to pull in the flashrom utility seperately,

I fully agree, it's not required. Some developers have expressed in the
past that they like to keep all our code together in one 'svn co' bunch.

I don't have a strong opinion either way (as long as we don't have
_forks_ of code for v1 and v2, which is why we now use svn:externals).

> and i'm not sure, but i
> think that in some cases, the likes of uniflash can be used to flash a
> linuxbios too.

Definately, not everyone needs flashrom.

> I personally don't think there should be a place in the v3 tree for a
> utility like this, as it leads an almost completely independent life.

Yes, and it should. The copy in v2/v3 is merely there for convenience.

Uwe.