[LinuxBIOS] Machine check panic.

Feng, Libo Libo.Feng at amd.com
Thu Jul 5 12:06:38 CEST 2007

Hi, all,

The system I am using is: Tyan 3992, AMD Athlon64, Redhat enterprise version 4. LinuxBios is based on MSI ms9185. I encountered a Machine check panic. Who can interpret the below information. I think ADDR is a Mci_ADDR register, but what is TSC. Furthermore, I think Athlon64 should have 5 error-reporting banks, there is only 3 showing, maybe the serial port missed something, but what means 4 Bank, and what is the last long number? The attached is the whole log file. The system hung, what should I do next? Thank you.

Loadi
CPU 0: Machine Check Exception:                4 Bank 0: 947a400000000833
TSC 45a20e904a ADDR 3fb07340

CPU 0: Machine Check Exception:                4 Bank 1: b600200000000853
TSC 45a20e957c ADDR 1d3480

CPU 0: Machine Check Exception:                4 Bank 2: d000400000000863
TSC 45a20e970a
Kernel panic - not syncing: Machine check
 ng dm-snapshot.ko module
 <<TyanLB05.txt>>
Best Regards

丰立波 Feng Libo @ AMD  Ext: 20906