[LinuxBIOS] Machine check panic.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Jul 5 12:32:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 06:06:38PM +0800, Feng, Libo wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> The system I am using is: Tyan 3992, AMD Athlon64, Redhat enterprise version 4. LinuxBios is based on MSI ms9185. I encountered a Machine check panic. Who can interpret the below information. I think ADDR is a Mci_ADDR register, but what is TSC. Furthermore, I think Athlon64 should have 5 error-reporting banks, there is only 3 showing, maybe the serial port missed something, but what means 4 Bank, and what is the last long number? The attached is the whole log file. The system hung, what should I do next? Thank you.

TSC is the Time Stamp Counter register (or similar), I think.

I cannot help with your specific problem I'm afraid, but you're using a
really old kernel, please try a recent one, e.g. 2.6.21, and see if that
helps. Also, you seem to have some LVM/RAID running, maybe it's easier to
use "plain" disks for testing...

HTH, Uwe.