[LinuxBIOS] another question for cs5536

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Thu Jul 5 18:05:44 CEST 2007

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 10:34:53PM +0800, Songmao Tian wrote:
>> with regard to interrupt signal, I am still puzzled with the
>> PCI_INTA#, it is said that it's a input io. Shouldn't it output
>> the interrupt signal to cpu?
> I suspect it is the signal facing PCI devices.
> The signal facing the CPU is probably inside the GeodeLink somewhere.
> //Peter

Peter is correct. The PCI_INTA# from the CPU(northbridge) to the cs5536
is for graphics and/or AES egine interrupts. The interrupt signal(INTR#)
from the cs5536 to the CPU is in the sideband serial packet.  Look for
"CPU Interface Serial (CIS)" in the 5536 databook for more information.

Marc Jones
Senior Software Engineer
(970) 226-9684 Office
mailto:Marc.Jones at amd.com