[LinuxBIOS] New LAR access functions

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Jul 12 19:12:18 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 07:02:51PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > The real fun begins when larball has one sector size and flash
> > chip another, and we only want to replace a single larfile.
>
> So the question is: Who should reorganize the lar file so it uses
> the chip optimally? If it is flashrom we might lock out other bios
> flashers to be used with linuxbios.

I dislike flashrom for this mostly because it basically needs all of
lar, re other flashers they can always flash the complete image and
be done.

The KISS approach may be the best;

flashrom exits with an error telling root to reorganize using lar.

flashrom of course suggests the correct lar arguments for the
detected flash chip. This is -S magicsize to begin with.

Then user has to run lar to repack, then flashrom again to replace
single larfiles in flash.

//Peter