[LinuxBIOS] Does my MoBo supported?

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Fri Jul 13 12:06:31 CEST 2007

Hello Peter,

Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Hello Rudolf!
>
> 2007/7/13, Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz>:
>>
>> > http://lemenkov.googlepages.com/lspsi_xxx.txt
>>
>> Hmm for first quick view I cant tell. Perhaps not everything. Do you
>> want to
>> write support for your chipset yourself?
>
> Yes. It would be a good experience for me (especially if I succeeded),
> but I'm afraid of my lack of knowledge.

Well All you need to have some experience with programming and PC architecture.
You will need to know how PCI, AGP, APIC, PIC, LPC and SIO works ;)

> So far I haven't any works concerned with embedded devices and such
> in-deep system hacking and looks like I need some mentoring :)

A list is a good menthor, if someone replies ;)

> All what I have right now is my experience in C/Perl/Python
> programming + already mentioned mainboard + LinuxBIOS svn copy :)

Perhaps you will need the datasheets for the chipset. You can get them from VIA
under NDA, tell them that you want to this for the LinuxBIOS (GPL) project. Then
they will alllow you to publish the source code. It will take some weeks to
proceed. Maybe you can just for a start hack something with qemu.

Rudolf