[LinuxBIOS] V3 fallback, failover, and the normal boot flag.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Jul 18 01:09:34 CEST 2007

* Marc Jones <marc.jones at amd.com> [070718 00:20]:

> Also, the boot count needs to be cleared at the end of LinuxBIOS. I
> think that this what the last boot flag was trying to do.

with v3 we can potentially have n:m mappings for all modules. is a
single byte like we have it in v2 still appropriate?

Or should we just leave the mechanism unchanged for now despite we could
do it more complex^Wflexible?

We should document this in the design paper. I remember I added some
hack to lxbios to make switching between normal and fallback work.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613