[LinuxBIOS] VIA epia-MII Hangs on reboot

Marcel Graber Marcel.Graber at lab-24.ch
Wed Jul 18 07:42:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

My EPIA-MII Board with LinuxBIos hangs sometimes on reboot.

The Shutdown Process goes completly down,  the Screen is flickering.

-          I've tried the different reboot options in Kernel, but I get
the same situation.

-          I removed again the viafb Device

-          I tried different acpi / apm Options

-          I tried with / without noapic Kernel-Option

I don't know where to search now. Is this a Problem in Hardware, Bios or
Kernel?

My Configuration:

-          Via EPIA-MII

-          Kernel 2.6.20

-          LinuxBios / Filo (Boot from CF Card)

Thanks for Input,

marcel