[LinuxBIOS] V3 fallback, failover, and the normal boot flag.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Jul 18 11:30:09 CEST 2007

* Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com> [070718 05:06]:
> Peter Stuge wrote:
> > Also re CMOS checksum, I would like if LB could avoid clobbering the
> > CMOS, for when switching back and forth with another BIOS.
> >
> > Writing LB CMOS bytes would be done after the final switch.
>
> Agreed

This wont work, or it will render lots of features unusable.
LinuxBIOS relies on having the cmos available for its settings.
Fallback does not use any CMOS settings though. (Does it erase the CMOS
anyways? If so, this should probably be fixed)

Instead, if you switch between flash contents, switch between cmos contents, too
by using lxbios (now in the tree)

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613